Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Finished Spring Vintage Sheet Quilt


Remember my ambitious plan - a different master bedroom quilt for every season of the year?  Well, I can check spring off the list.  This is the largest quilt I have made - I definitely felt more like a tortoise than a hare during every step of the process, but in the end it was worth it because I truly love it.  It is bright and colorful and perhaps a little crazy for a master bedroom, but exactly what I am craving right now. 



I used yellow floral for the binding and I love the outlined in sunshine effect.


  
For the back, I used strips of vintage sheets in various widths. It's a little wild, but perfect in flipped over increments.  Here's a little peak...




After waking up yesterday morning to depressingly find ourselves in a white and wintery realm once again, this quilt is color therapy!

14 comments:

Jamie said...

WOWZERS. AMAZING!!! I love that quilt. Totally worth all the hours you put in, I'm sure!

Unknown said...

I love it! Did you use a pattern, or just make it up?

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I am officially in awe!!!!
That is beautiful. Definitely color therapy!
I'm excited to see what you come up with next!

Des said...

*crying* It's soooo beautiful!!!!

also, on your dresser, do you have to sand the heck out of that thing? I had a dresser like that growing up and couldn't wait to get rid of it when I got married. My step-mom still has it. Maybe I'll take it off her hands if it's paint-able.

Unknown said...

Amazing! So cheerful and pretty. I love the cute cuddle bunnies in your bed also...:0)

Unknown said...

Hee...SOMEBODY HAS BEEN USING MY COMPUTER ...and forgot to take his name off:)

Jolene said...

Stunning! The most beautiful vintage sheet quilt I've ever seen.

Jenny said...

I really love that quilt! Such a fresh spring feel!

Sheila said...

What a gorgeous quilt! And the Kona Ash really makes the colours in the vintage sheets pop. You've got some of the same sheets that I do, but in different colours. It's so interesting to see what other people have found!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

That is absolutely beautiful and so very happy. Where did you find all your fabulous vintage sheets? Flea markets? Online? I am going to have to start a collection.

anne said...

WOW what an amazing quilt. Love the fabric and the design. What is the name of the pattern as would love to try making one. Wonderful.

Hitch and Thread said...

It's gorgeous. Love the subtlety of the grey next to the bright colours. Is this your own pattern?

Courtney said...

Your quilt inspired me to try out the quilt pattern u used. I got some Kona ash and lily ash bury fabrics to make a spring comforter for my bed. Hopefully I get it done by the time the snow melts to enjoy it for spring.

Anonymous said...

I see a few others have asked too, would you mind sharing the pattern? Thanks!