Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Re-cap

 October has come and gone. 
I don't know about you, but I am feeling a little bush wacked.


At our house bush wacked means tired.
According to the on-line dictionary it means, "to fight a guerilla in the woods".
No guerillas.  No woods.
Just a lot of kids (mine, primary & school), and Halloween madness.
 I am feeling the after effects.

 The kind of madness that transformed this soccer crazed boy...
  Into this...

TinkerBELLY.
 
I never want to sew with stretchy, skin colored fabric again.
Tricky stuff.

Pirate costumes were a little easier...I just made the vests and skirt.


And the blessed little witch costume.  All I had to do was pull it out of the old costume box.


I whipped up some trick-or-treat bags last minute (Halloween afternoon - I tend to procrastinate). 


This one is a wonky Halloween version of the birthday tote I made for my owl loving daughter.

Even though it was busy we had a lot of fun. My husband had the day off work which was a real treat.  Sometimes mama needs a sidekick...especially when there is so much going on. We went to the costume parade at the school, helped out with two class parties, toasted pumpkin seeds, made yummy rolls and homemade chicken noodle soup.  The weather was so nice I actually volunteered to take the kids trick-or-treating with my good friend and her kids while my husband passed out candy. Usually I stay home to keep warm but this year we didn't even need coats.  We woke up this morning to much cooler temps. and rain that turned into snow so we lucked out.  It definitely feels like November now. As long as it doesn't feel like December anytime soon, I'll be OK.  I'm not ready for that kind of madness yet!

Our little witch was bush wacked too.

7 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Tinkerbelly????????? Oh my heck, that is hilarious.

I love the soccer action shot. Great pose. Frame that one!

Looks like you had fun and are due for a long winter's nap.....sorry I shouldn't have said that huh?

Des said...

i don't know how you and i are friends. I don't think i've made ONE halloween costume, EVER. If there wasn't a white sheet available somewhere, we didn't have a little ghost.
Now, you and Shelto....there's a match made in heaven.

Brigitte said...

I had a really good laugh at Mrs. Tinkerbelly. That pictures will make even his future wife laugh some day...

heidivee said...

All of the kids looked awesome. But that TinkerBelly... hilarious. :) And if you find a way to make the snow go away and December be MONTHS away, could you let me know?

Aunt Spicy said...

I couldnt find the comment button for the vintage sheet quilt, but it is amazing! adore the colors and the addition of the kona!

Cori said...

HEY ITS CORI! I have lost your e-mail and am dying to send you a picture of my baby on her amazing quilt you made for her! Please e-mail me!

pinkglamour07@yahoo.com

ice cream cone cupcakes said...

Everyone is tired- you can show them these pics years from now